Obituary: Allen J Houk
Services for Allen J. Houk, 52, Oskaloosa, will be at 10 a.m. today, Aug. 20, 2003, at the Oskaloosa United Methodist Church. Burial will be in Pleasant View Cemetery in Oskaloosa.
Mr. Houk died early Sunday, Aug. 17, 2003, at his home in rural Oskaloosa from an apparent heart attack. He was born Feb. 5, 1951, in Lawrence, the son of Clifford W. and Phyllis Irene Forrester Houk.
He was a 1969 graduate of Lawrence High School. He had lived in Oskaloosa since 1972. Mr. Houk was a dairy farmer in his family's dairy, where he was co-owner and operator of the CAJ Dairy southeast of Oskaloosa. He was a member of the Oskaloosa United Methodist Church.
He married Irene L. Rice on July 20, 1974, in Lawrence. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include two sons, Jesse Houk and Joel Houk, both of the home; his parents of Oskaloosa; a brother, John Houk, Oskaloosa; and a sister, Mary Smith, Topeka.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Jefferson County 4-H Foundation, to be used for scholarships, and may be sent in care of Barnett Funeral Home, P.O. Box 416, Oskaloosa.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Bonner Springs balloon fest puts the helium in Halloween
- Hostess plant in Lenexa to reopen
- Moments of thanks in Tonganoxie
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens
- Kansas official: Plans not firm for American Royal project in Kansas City