Obituary: Curtis T. “Tom” McGown
Services for Curtis T. "Tom" McGown, 58, Tonganoxie, were Saturday, Aug. 16, 2003, at Basehor United Methodist Church in Basehor. Burial was in Glenwood Cemetery, Basehor.
Mr. McGown died Thursday, Aug. 14, 2003 at Olathe Medical Center. He was born Jan. 29, 1945, in Beaumont, Texas, the son of Arthur Curtis and Frances (Draschil) McGown.
He was a 1968 graduate of Rice University, Houston, Texas, and worked as a certified public accountant for Cochran, Head and Co., Kansas City, Kan. He was a member of the United Methodist Church and Kiwanis Club International, both of Basehor; Musica Sacra, Rockhurst College, Kansas City, Mo.; the American Institute of CPAs; and the Kansas Society of CPAs.
On Sept. 5, 1977, in Houston, married Marilyn Beam. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include two sons, Cameron McGown, Overland Park, and Tyler McGown, Tonganoxie; and a sister, Marydell McGowan, Dallas.
Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie, handled arrangements.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High seniors receive scholarships at awards night
- Kansas to get grant to defray advanced placement exam costs
- Insect researcher: Drones will help feed growing population
- Changes in funding could change online offerings in Kansas
- Accomplished musicians to perform Sunday at First Congregational Church of Tonganoxie