Obituary: Sylvia Medlock
Services for Sylvia Weeks Nitcher Medlock, 67, Oskaloosa, will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Living Water Evangelical Free Church west of Oskaloosa. Burial will follow in Ozawkie Cemetery.
Mrs. Medlock died Sunday, Aug. 17, 2003, at St. Francis Hospital, Topeka. She was born June 14, 1936, at Tonganoxie, the daughter of Lewis Abner and Marie Isalena Ray Weeks.
She worked at the Jefferson County Geriatrics Center and Memorial Hospital in Winchester for many years as a nursing assistant, records clerk and respiratory therapist. She retired in 2001.
She was a member of Living Water Evangelical Free Church, Oskaloosa.
She married Gene Nitcher on Feb. 21, 1954. They divorced in 1974. She married Bud Medlock in December 1986 at Oskaloosa. He survives, of the home.
Other survivors include a son, Pat Nitcher, Uniontown, Ohio; two daughters, Lani Rothwell, Lawrence, and Lia Grist, Topeka; two sisters, Marjorie Sparks, Oskaloosa, and Virginia Dyer, Ozawkie; eight grandchildren; and one great-grandson. A son, Michael Ray Nitcher, preceded her in death.
The family will receive friends from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. today at the Barnett Funeral Home in Oskaloosa.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Jefferson County Service Organization, sent in care of the funeral home, P.O. Box 416, Oskaloosa, 66066.
More like this story
- Leavenworth County authorities searching for inmate worker who left jail Thursday night
- Accident south of Tonganoxie sends youth to hospital
- Father-son altercation leads to 5-hour Tonganoxie standoff
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Senate advances bill granting limited access to cold case missing person files