Youth recovers money clip
Clinton Kissinger thought he spotted a $5 bill lying on the Tonganoxie Creek bridge on U.S. Highway 24-40.
It turns out he found a bit more.
Kissinger spotted the money as he road with his family to his sister's horse show at the fair.
The 12-year-old told his mother to pull over so he could inspect the misplaced money. But he found something other than an Abe Lincoln -- more than $50 was in a money clip. And the lost item also included credit cards.
"There was a whole wad of cash and stuff, so we took it to the police," Clinton said.
Sandy Koontz of the Tonganoxie Police said the money clip belonged to an employee of a Lawrence plumbing company.
More like this story
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Kansas school funding dispute heading back to high court