Youth recovers money clip
Clinton Kissinger thought he spotted a $5 bill lying on the Tonganoxie Creek bridge on U.S. Highway 24-40.
It turns out he found a bit more.
Kissinger spotted the money as he road with his family to his sister's horse show at the fair.
The 12-year-old told his mother to pull over so he could inspect the misplaced money. But he found something other than an Abe Lincoln -- more than $50 was in a money clip. And the lost item also included credit cards.
"There was a whole wad of cash and stuff, so we took it to the police," Clinton said.
Sandy Koontz of the Tonganoxie Police said the money clip belonged to an employee of a Lawrence plumbing company.
More like this story
- Justice Department sues KCK Housing Authority, former worker
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Justice Department: Agency cannot require proof of citizenship on federal voter registration forms
- Federal judge refuses to block new voter registration form in Kansas
- After 149 years, Kansas lawmakers still grappling with 14th Amendment