Obituary: Betty J. Hyde-Meints
Graveside services for Betty J. Hyde-Meints, 68, Lawrence, were Tuesday, Aug. 26, 2003, at Oak Hill Cemetery, Lawrence.
Mrs. Hyde-Meints died Friday, Aug. 22, 2003, at Brandon Woods Retirement Community in Lawrence. She was born April 4, 1935, in Camdenton, Mo., the daughter of Albert William and Hattie Bell (Byler) Parish.
Mrs. Hyde-Meints was a homemaker.
She married Fred R. Hyde on April 11, 1958, in Buffalo, Mo. He died Sept. 29, 1979. She married Richard William Meints on Jan. 14, 1981, in Lawrence. He survives.
Other survivors include two sons, Fred Hyde, Blue Rapids, and Lloyd Hyde, Big Springs; two daughters, Janet Jones, Lawrence, and Kelly Tapia, Elk Grove, Calif.; a brother, Ronald Parish, Cassville, Mo.; a sister, Carol Wilderson, Niangua, Mo.; 23 grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
Rumsey-Yost Funeral Home, Lawrence, handled arrangements. Online condolences may be sent at www.rumsey-yost.com.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Tonganoxie churches offering free eyeglass exams
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund