Obituary: Hazel Alma Henick
Services for Hazel Alma Henick, 94, Lawrence, were Friday, Aug. 22, 2003, at Indian Hills Church of God in Lawrence. Burial was in Mount Sidney Cemetery, Linwood.
Miss Henick died Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2003, at Brandon Woods Retirement Community in Lawrence. She was born July 10, 1909, in Linwood, the daughter of Joseph and Laura Belle (Davenport) Henick.
Miss Henick moved to Lawrence at an early age and attended Lawrence Business College.
She worked as a secretary for the Kansas State House, Sunflower Ammunition Plant and Haskell Indian Nations University.
She was a member of Indian Hills Church of God.
Survivors include a cousin, Lola Torneden, Linwood.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Elementary School wins state title in Music Memory
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map