Red-white events add lift-a-thon
Weight lifting will be a part of this year's Red-White scrimmage lineup on Friday.
Cross country will have its exhibition at 4 p.m., volleyball will play at 5 p.m. and football will kick off its scrimmage at 7 p.m.
But from 4:30 p.m.-7 p.m., students in Matt Bond's strength classes will participate in a lift-a-thon.
"We're just trying to get parents, anybody, to come and see what we do in the weight room and see the time and involvement the kids are putting into it," Bond said.
The event will involve some audience participation as well. Students can challenge someone to a lift-off, such as a parent or sibling.
And although volleyball and football players will have their scrimmages during that time, volleyball players will hit the weights after their matches, while football players will lift before their game.
Not every sport will have its Red-White game Friday. The Chieftain soccer team played its scrimmage on Tuesday and will be the first Tonganoxie team to start its season when it plays Friday at Mill Valley.
More like this story
- Kansas minority groups push for same-day voter registration
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites
- Powerball winning numbers drawn tonight: A look at the winners and losers
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Insect researcher: Drones will help feed growing population