Charles “Ed” Hunter
Services for Charles "Ed" Hunter, 89, Tonganoxie, were Saturday, Nov. 29, 2003, at Tonganoxie Christian Church, with the Rev. Ben Saathoff officiating. Burial was in Maple Grove Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mr. Hunter died Tuesday, Nov. 25, 2003, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital, Lawrence. He was born March 15, 1914, in Williamstown, the son of John and Sarah (Carney) Hunter.
He was a World War II Army veteran. He was a member of the Christian Church and the VFW post, and he was a past master of Henri Masonic Lodge 190 AF&AM, all of Tonganoxie.
Mr. Hunter retired in 1991 as the owner of Hunter Lumber Co., Tonganoxie. On June 19, 1943, in Jackson, Miss., he married Dorothy Cunningham, who survives of the home.
Other survivors include four daughters, Sandra Benedict, Marsha Albert, Gail Heintzelman and Pam Field, all of Tonganoxie; 11 grandchildren; and 2 great grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Christian Church, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Kansas universities accept hundreds of students who don’t meet minimum admission standards: report
- Regents President and CEO Tompkins retires
- Presidents of 4 Kansas universities decline salary increase
- Kansas regents hold tuition, fee increases to 3.6 percent
- Wichita State seeking innovation design degree program