Obituary: Wayne Vestal
Services for Wayne Vestal, 76, Tonganoxie, were Sunday, Nov. 30, 2003, at Tonganoxie Christian Church, with the Rev. Ben Saathoff officiating. Burial was in Glenwood Cemetery, Basehor.
Mr. Vestal died Wednesday, Nov. 26, 2003, at his home. He was born Aug. 4, 1927, in Stranger Township, the son of James and Violet (Babcock) Vestal.
He was a World War II Navy veteran and a member of the American Legion Post 58, Topeka. He retired in 1989 as a lineman and district supervisor for Kansas Power and Light Co.
Mr. Vestal was preceded in death by his first wife, Betty Jean Davis, on Oct. 30,1990.
He married Muriel Peterson on Oct. 23, 1992. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include two sons, Mike Vestal, and Larry Dean Vestal, both of Tonganoxie, one stepson, Kelly Aalfs, Montevedio, Minn.; two daughters, Brenda Baker, Olathe, and Beth Beach, Eudora; two brothers, Larry Vestal, Leavenworth, and Gary Vestal, Easton; one sister, Donna Morton, Easton; 16 grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie, handled arrangements.
More like this story
- Rookies and veterans: Tonganoxie Chieftains sending four freshmen, two seniors to state
- Tonganoxie High wrestlers competing on Day 2 of state tournament
- Chietain wrestlers snag wins, build for future in at Salina
- Annual St. Patrick's Parade set for March 14
- Tonganoxie High School girls team heads into sub-state with victory