Obituary: William O. Broeker
Services for William O. Broeker, 62, Leavenworth, were Tuesday, Dec. 9, 2003, at First Baptist Church of Leavenworth.
Mr. Broeker died Friday, Dec. 5, 2003, at the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Leavenworth, after struggling with brain cancer for the past year and a half. He was born July 31, 1941, in Burlington, Iowa, the son of Orville and Grace Broeker.
He had owned and operated Leavenworth Floral, Lansing Floral and Bonner Springs Floral. He was a graduate of the Cliff Man School of Floral Design and had been the unit president of Teleflora and FTD.
Mr. Broeker served as a board member for Mid-American Bank and Leavenworth Downtown Association. He also was a member of Leavenworth/Lansing Chamber of Commerce and the state Vocational Education Advisory Committee.
He was a U.S. Army veteran, who also was a member of the American Legion and the Eagles.
Survivors include his wife, Jan, of the home; a son, Bill Broeker Jr., Leavenworth; a daughter, Anna Buffo, Leavenworth; two stepdaughters, Abigail Howe, New York, N.Y., and Rebecca Howe Freuchting, Louisville, Ky.; his parents, Burlington, Iowa; a sister, Sharlene Broeker; and four grandchildren. A brother, Melvin Broeker, died earlier.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Leavenworth Hospice, sent in care of Belden Funeral Chapels, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth, 66048.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie man in court on suspicion of child endangerment, alcohol charges
- Tonganoxie superintendent pleads not guilty to alleged failure to report sex abuse at former school
- Tonganoxie man to appear in court Monday following alleged stabbing
- Topeka councilman, wife, charged with abusing children
- Tonganoxie school board member addresses events surrounding superintendent; attorney who filed charges is former USD 464 administrator