Townhomes for seniors planned
The plans are nearly set for Tonganoxie developer Mark Himpel to start work on Fall Creek Villas.
The senior housing townhome development will be constructed on a 21-acre site on the south side of U.S. Highway 24-40 across the highway from the water tower.
The townhomes will sell for between about $91,000 and $130,000, Himpel said. The size and features of the homes will vary somewhat, he said.
"Some of them are as big as 1,300 square feet," he said.
And, about half of the townhomes will have basements.
"We're going to build a model home and then from the model we'll start the 19 units in the first phase," Himpel said, estimating that he would be working on five or six townhomes at a time.
Himpel said at least 80 percent of the project will be for those who are 55 or older. The rest of the development will be for adults between 45 and 55.
Himpel said he expects to have the first townhome completed by early March. When all the phases are completed, Fall Creek Villas could include 105 living units.
Some, Himpel said, will be constructed with two units to a building, some three and some four. The second phase of the project will include a community room.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High to stage 'Twelve Angry Jurors' for final night tonight
- Ex-candidate Wolf confronts Kansas Sen. Moran at town hall
- Police officer lauded for how he handled shoplifting case
- Kansas City Connection: The Sundry shows off its suppliers
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals