Ex-director’s court date postponed
A restitution hearing for the former Tonganoxie Library director who misused public funds has been postponed because an independent accountant had not finished reviewing library financial records.
The hearing for Beckie Borella, 45, Tonganoxie, was set for last Thursday, but was rescheduled for 9 a.m. Jan. 9 in Leavenworth County District Court. Deborah Owens of the county attorney's office, said Leavenworth accountant Steve Wagner is expected to have a report on the records by then.
The Tonganoxie library board alleges Borella, who has pled no contest to misuse of public funds, used about $17,000 of the library's money for personal use, while Borella says the amount was $726.
More like this story
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Kansas lawmakers draft new plan to raise taxes to fix budget
- Tonganoxie USD 464 lays out reasons for principal's termination
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Lawmakers question Kansas policy on tax credit information