Obituary: Lillian “Flo” Grinter
Services for Lillian "Flo" Grinter, 82, Lawrence, were Dec. 20, 2003, at the Lawrence Funeral Chapel, with graveside services at Stony Point Cemetery in Kansas City, Kan.
Mrs. Grinter died Dec. 15, 2003, at her son's home. She was born April 13, 1921, in Kansas City, Kan., the daughter of Thomas E. and Mary (Yates) Arnold.
She was a homemaker, music teacher and a former employee at the Eudora Nursing Center.
She married John H. Grinter on March 2, 1943, in Olathe.
Survivors include three sons, George A. Grinter, Conway, S.C., Thomas H. Grinter and Truman E. Grinter, both of Lawrence; two sisters, Mary L. Fiene, Lawrence, Donna Z. Weyer, Seneca; eight grandchildren; and one great-granddaughter. An infant son preceded her in death.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Douglas County Hospice, sent in care of Lawrence Funeral Chapel, 3821 W. Sixth St., Lawrence, 66049.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie graduate gives $1 million to KU scholarships benefitting LGBTQ students
- Rise and shine for honorary Tonganoxie Phil: Early spring, Jones predicts
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Kansas AG named to national group's new agriculture panel
- A closer look at Leavenworth County Humane Society