Obituary: Lillian “Flo” Grinter
Services for Lillian "Flo" Grinter, 82, Lawrence, were Dec. 20, 2003, at the Lawrence Funeral Chapel, with graveside services at Stony Point Cemetery in Kansas City, Kan.
Mrs. Grinter died Dec. 15, 2003, at her son's home. She was born April 13, 1921, in Kansas City, Kan., the daughter of Thomas E. and Mary (Yates) Arnold.
She was a homemaker, music teacher and a former employee at the Eudora Nursing Center.
She married John H. Grinter on March 2, 1943, in Olathe.
Survivors include three sons, George A. Grinter, Conway, S.C., Thomas H. Grinter and Truman E. Grinter, both of Lawrence; two sisters, Mary L. Fiene, Lawrence, Donna Z. Weyer, Seneca; eight grandchildren; and one great-granddaughter. An infant son preceded her in death.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Douglas County Hospice, sent in care of Lawrence Funeral Chapel, 3821 W. Sixth St., Lawrence, 66049.
More like this story
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Mercury Wireless service expanding to Tonganoxie area
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas House panel to vote on freezing green energy mandate
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits