Obituary: Flossie Marie Bowen
Services for Flossie Marie Bowen, 103, Basehor, will be at 10 a.m. Friday, Jan. 2, 2004, at Quisenberry Chapel in Tonganoxie.
Burial will be in National Cemetery, Fort Leavenworth.
Mrs. Bowen died Saturday, Dec. 27, 2003, at Tonganoxie Nursing Center, Tonganoxie. She was born Feb. 21, 1900, in Garrison, the daughter of Louis and Mary (Willey) Holderbauer.
She married Marion "Tex" Bowen on Sept. 4, 1919, in Manhattan. They owned Bake's Lunch Cafe at Victory Junction, Basehor, from 1955 to 1958.
Mr. Bowen died on Feb. 12, 1969.
Survivors include a son, Louis Bowen, Gonzales, Texas; two daughters, Alice Wright, Richmond, Texas, and Elizabeth Ann Abell, Basehor; nine grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; and four great-great grandchildren.
The family will receive friends from 9 a.m. until service time Friday at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie softball's offensive domination
- Chieftain softball lands 2 Tonganoxie players on Lawrence Journal-World All-Area Team
- Doubleheader sweep helps Tonganoxie High softball move to 8-2
- McLouth baseball sweeps Nebraska team in opening doubleheader
- McLouth High softball team stays perfect on year