Obituary: Garould E. Stanley
Services for Garould E. Stanley, 88, Lawrence, were Saturday, Dec. 27, 2003, at Barnett Funeral home in Oskaloosa, followed by a private burial service at Meriden Cemetery, Meriden.
Mr. Stanley died Dec. 23, 2003, at Eudora Nursing Center, Eudora.
He was born Oct. 22, 1915, at Meriden, the son of Cornelia T. "Neal" and Gertrude Cook Stanley.
He had lived for nine years in Lawrence, where he had moved from rural McLouth.
Mr. Stanley was a farmer and previously had worked at the Pepsi-Cola plant and for the Allis Chalmers Tractor Company in Topeka.
He married Lillian V. Lyons Kampfer on March 15, 1977, at Lawrence. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include two stepsons, Ronald Kampfer, Pickway, and Gary Kampfer, Lawrence; a stepdaughter, Judy K. Livingston, Vinita, Okla., 11 stepgrandchildren; and four great-stepgrandchildren.
A stepson, Monte Kampfer, and a stepgranddaughter died earlier.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Fellowship Baptist Church of Lawrence, 710 Locust, Lawrence, 66044.
They also may be sent in care of the funeral home, P.O. Box 416, 820 Liberty, Oskaloosa, 66066.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Carlisle no longer Tonganoxie High principal
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Patrick Budy
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation