Obituary: Ronald Eugene Derzinski
Services for Ronald Eugene Derzinski, 62, Tonganoxie, were Monday, Dec. 28, 2003, at West Haven Baptist Church in Tonganoxie, with the Rev. Rick Lamb officiating. Burial was in Hubbel Hill Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mr. Derzinski died Thursday, Dec. 25, 2003, at his home. He was born Jan. 23, 1941, in Leavenworth, the son of John and Elonor (Galka) Derzinski.
He was a 1959 graduate of Lansing High School, Lansing. He served in the U.S. Army and had worked for D.J. Trucking, Kansas City, Kan., and Free State Trucking, Lawrence.
On Jan. 11, 1969, he married Dee Thompson. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include four sons, Michael E. Derzinski, Linwood, Ronald Miller, Topeka, Daniel Miller, Tonganoxie, and Jay Miller, Basehor; two daughters, Lisa K. Patterson, Tonganoxie, and Janet Hunt, Gardner; one brother, Gary Derzinski, Leavenworth; 15 grandchildren; and one great-granddaughter.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Hospice, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises