Obituary: Rev. Edward E. Hobby
Services for the Rev. Edward E. Hobby, pastor emeritus of the First Baptist Church, Tonganoxie were Saturday, Feb. 22, 2003, at First Baptist Church, Kansas City, Kan. Burial was in Westlawn Cemetery, Kansas City, Kan.
Rev. Hobby died Feb. 15, 2003, after a lengthy illness. He had served as pastor of the First Baptist church for 48 years. He retired in December 2001.
Rev. Hobby served as director of music for both the Northeastern District and the Kansas State Baptist Congress of Christian Education. He was very active in the Masons and had held numerous offices.
He was an employee of President and Mrs. Harry S. Truman for more than 25 years. He was present at both the official release of the Truman Stamp and the dedication of Bess Truman's birthplace as a historical site.
Survivors include a sister, Nellie Dunn, Los Angeles.
More like this story
- Chieftains nab 1st victory in overtime fashion, place 4th at home invite
- Tonganoxie High seniors shine in boys basketball regular-season finale
- Piper High snaps Chieftain girls' winning streak
- Tonganoxie boys win another nail-biter, have won 3 of last 4
- Eudora outlasts Tonganoxie girls with work on the glass