Obituary: Robert Edwards Owens
Services for Robert Edward Owens Sr., Tonganoxie were Tuesday, Jan. 14, 2003, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie. Burial was in Glenwood Cemetery, Basehor.
Mr. Owens, 81, died Thursday, Jan. 9, 2003, at Veterans Administration Medical Center, Kansas City, Mo. He was born Dec. 9, 1921, in Kansas City, Kan., the son of William and Rosa (Woldridge) Owens.
He married Lillian R. Bailey on Oct. 9, 1946, near San Francisco. She survives, of the home.
Mr. Owens was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II, and a retired truck driver.
Other survivors include five sons, Robert E. Owens Jr., Leavenworth, Michael W. Owens, Excelsior Springs, Mo., David D. Owens, Easton, Thomas E. Owens and James L. Owens, both of Tonganoxie; two daughters, Ruth Ann Bucher, Kato, Wis., and Linda Sue Griffith, Basehor; 22 grandchildren; and 20 great-grandchildren.
More like this story
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits