Obituary: Robert Edwards Owens
Services for Robert Edward Owens Sr., Tonganoxie were Tuesday, Jan. 14, 2003, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie. Burial was in Glenwood Cemetery, Basehor.
Mr. Owens, 81, died Thursday, Jan. 9, 2003, at Veterans Administration Medical Center, Kansas City, Mo. He was born Dec. 9, 1921, in Kansas City, Kan., the son of William and Rosa (Woldridge) Owens.
He married Lillian R. Bailey on Oct. 9, 1946, near San Francisco. She survives, of the home.
Mr. Owens was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II, and a retired truck driver.
Other survivors include five sons, Robert E. Owens Jr., Leavenworth, Michael W. Owens, Excelsior Springs, Mo., David D. Owens, Easton, Thomas E. Owens and James L. Owens, both of Tonganoxie; two daughters, Ruth Ann Bucher, Kato, Wis., and Linda Sue Griffith, Basehor; 22 grandchildren; and 20 great-grandchildren.
More like this story
- Taxes, education dominate legislative forum in Tonganoxie
- Tonganoxie USD 464 has 1 applicant for board opening; hires and resignations; Statehouse candidate visits meeting
- Tonganoxie candidates gather for forum
- Tonganoxie USD 464 board picks new member; FTE enrollment up; library building discussed; contracts, resignations approved
- Tonganoxie USD 464 receives one bid for former elementary school