Tonganoxie boys, girls get tournament assignments
McLouth Invitational bracket also released
The Tonganoxie High boys team will get the first taste of midseason tournament play when they take on Jeff West at 6 p.m. Monday in their own invitational.
Tonganoxie is 3-4, while Jeff West enters the tourney at 3-5. If the Chieftains win, they'll play at 6 p.m. Thursday against the Eudora-Pleasant Ridge winner. No. 2 Eudora (5-3) has won the last two Tonganoxie Invitationals. The championship game will be at 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
The Chieftain girls, meanwhile, will play in a round-robin tournament in Leavenworth. The girls face Pleasant Ridge on Tuesday, Maranatha on Friday and Wathena on Saturday. Also in the tournament are Lansing and host Immaculata.
Tiebreakers will be decided through head-to-head competition, points allowed and free throw percentage.
McLouth's boys team gets started in its own tournament at 7:30 p.m. THe No. 4 Bulldogs (4-3) will take on Heritage Christian (5-4). If they win, they'll play the winner of No.1 Cair Paravel (7-3) and No. 8 Jefferson County North (2-6) at 6 p.m. Friday.
Atchison County, Perry-Lecompton, Valley Falls and Maranatha Academy also are in the tournament.
More like this story
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Hallmark to transfer printing work from Georgia to Kansas
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck