Eudora survives PRHS
Cinderella was ram tough for much of Monday's game against Eudora in the Tonganoxie Invitational quarterfinals.
No. 7 Pleasant Ridge lost to the Cards by 33 in the Rams' season opener Dec. 6, but the rematch almost fit PRHS perfectly. The Rams led, 34-32, going into the fourth stanza and held a seven-point advantage in the final quarter, but EHS senior Caleb Niedens hit a three-pointer with 2.6 seconds left, helping the Cardinals (7-3) to a 46-45 win.
Pleasant Ridge's methodical offense caused Eudora problems, but the Cardinals' sputtering offense found enough spark to advance to the winner's bracket and preserve its quest for a third consecutive Invitational title.
Eudora set up its final possession for a Niedens three, but the senior couldn't connect on the first try. EHS, however, nabbed an offensive board. On his second attempt, Niedens drained the game winner from the left wing.
EHS outrebounded the Rams, 28-23, but Pleasant Ridge committed nine turnovers, compared to Eudora's 11.
PRHS (2-7) will take on No. 6 Jeff West (3-6) at 6 p.m. Friday. Eudora will play No. 3 Tonganoxie (4-5) at 6 p.m. Thursday.
More like this story
- Ex-lawmaker faces sentencing for fraud to finance campaign
- Tonganoxie school district to pay Kleidosty through January
- No charges after federal probe into Kansas election loans
- Kansas lawmakers seek to limit release of police video
- Kansas Republicans hold to hard-right on social issues at state convention in Overland Park