Construction under way on gas station
Site preparation work is under way on a convenience store planned on U.S. Highway 24-40 at the entrance to Stone Creek residential development.
According to developer Steve Kelly, Overland Park, the new building will include a 3,300-square-foot Conoco gasoline station and convenience store.
Kelly is seeking tenants for two other retail spaces in the building -- one that is 950 square feet and another that measures 1,300 square feet.
Kelly said he also plans to include an ATM in the convenience store.
Depending on weather, Kelly said, the convenience store should be complete in October.
Kelly owns 29 acres on the north side of U.S. Highway 24-40, between the Leavenworth County Annex and the Stone Creek development.
Included in that acreage are three other lots that front the north side of 24-40 highway.
More like this story
- Accomplished musicians to perform Sunday at First Congregational Church of Tonganoxie
- May economic report suggests slow growth ahead in Midwest
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- 2 Topeka nursing homes, Washburn partner on internships
- Tonganoxie High continues band camp tradition