Obituary: Betty J. Rodell
Graveside services for Betty J. Rodell, 67, Tonganoxie, were Tuesday, July 8, 2003, at Memorial Park Cemetery in Topeka. A memorial service is planned for 7 p.m. today, July 9, 2003, at North Lawrence Christian Church, Lawrence.
Mrs. Rodell died Saturday, July 5, 2003, at her home. She was born May 19, 1936, in Topeka, the daughter of Don and Leta (Cox) Campbell.
She was a member of North Lawrence Christian Church, Lawrence. She worked as a secretary at Memorial Park Cemetery and Central Christian Church, both of Kansas City, Kan. On Aug. 14, 1954, she married Maynard C. Rodell, in Topeka.
Survivors include her husband, the Rev. Maynard C. Rodell, of the home; three sons, Stephen and Scott Rodell, both of Pueblo, Colo., and Don Rodell, Tonganoxie; a sister, Donna Cogswell, Topeka, and 13 grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the National Kidney Foundation, sent in care Quisenberry Funeral Home, Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Kansas State sticks with scrapping equestrian program
- Kansas logs first sighting of tropical piratic flycatcher
- Efforts to repeal Kansas death penalty may be stymied by U.S. Supreme Court's ruling
- Antler broker flourishes in his Delphos business
- Tonganoxie HIgh teammates sign to play volleyball on collegiate level