Obituary: Joseph J. Lagodinski
Services for Joseph J. Lagodinski, 88, Tonganoxie, (formerly of Kansas City), were Tuesday, July 22, 2003, at Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Tonganoxie. Burial was in Mount Calvary Cemetery in Kansas City, Kan.
Mr. Lagodinski died Friday, July 18, 2003, at Tonganoxie Nursing Center. He was born Aug. 4, 1914, on a farm in Edgeley, N.D., the son of Polish immigrants, Jacob and Josephine (Glowfka) Lagodinski, who came to America in the late 1800s with promise of free farmland in North Dakota.
He moved to Kansas City in 1944 and worked for United Auto Transport and Walker Food Service. In 1959, married Lena Simpson. She died in 1986.
Survivors include 15 nieces and nephews.
Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie, handled arrangements.
More like this story
- Former Tonganoxie City Council member receives certificate for municipal courses
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Kevan Welsh
- Tonganoxie Mayor candidate questionnaire: Jason Ward
- Kansas City International Airport expansion plan gets new look from architects
- Tonganoxie Mayor candidate questionnaire: Bill Peak