Another court date scheduled
The former director of the Tonganoxie Library is scheduled -- again -- to appear in court.
Arraignment for Beckie Borella, 45, Tonganoxie, is scheduled for 11 a.m. Friday in Leavenworth County District Court on one felony charge of misusing public funds at the library. Borella is accused of using library funds for personal purchases.
On July 18, after Borella failed to appear for a court hearing, Leavenworth County District Judge Frederick Stewart issued a warrant for Borella's arrest. According to Deborah Owens of the Leavenworth County attorney's office, Borella did make an appearance and the bench warrant was lifted.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The art of ‘Rising Up,’ and visiting some old haunts
- Mature Living: Many parents offer their retirement savings to pay for children's education
- Tonganoxie High girls track 2nd, boys 4th at Bobcat Relays
- Raven reviews in Tonganoxie
- Bond increase for Kansas man charged with molestation