Obituary: Rupert Gabriel Bass
Services for Rupert Gabriel Bass, 94, Overland Park, were Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at Quisenberry Funeral Home in Tonganoxie. Burial was in Hubbel Hill Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mr. Bass died Friday, July 25, 2003, in Manassas, Va. He was born Oct. 15, 1908, in Milford, Mo., the son of David and Minnie May (Freeman) Bass. He was retired as a truck driver for Wonder Bread Co., Kansas City, Mo. He was a member of the Masonic Lodge and White Shrine, Kansas City, Kan.
He married Diana Madden in 1951 in Pittsburg. She died Nov. 17, 1999. Survivors include three daughters, Barbara Keefauver, Lakewood, Wash., Patty Pappenfort, Asburn, Va., and Carolyn Fenoglio, Tonganoxie; six grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
More like this story
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- KSU researchers develop heat-tolerant wheat
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation