Obituary: Rupert Gabriel Bass
Services for Rupert Gabriel Bass, 94, Overland Park, were Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at Quisenberry Funeral Home in Tonganoxie. Burial was in Hubbel Hill Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mr. Bass died Friday, July 25, 2003, in Manassas, Va. He was born Oct. 15, 1908, in Milford, Mo., the son of David and Minnie May (Freeman) Bass. He was retired as a truck driver for Wonder Bread Co., Kansas City, Mo. He was a member of the Masonic Lodge and White Shrine, Kansas City, Kan.
He married Diana Madden in 1951 in Pittsburg. She died Nov. 17, 1999. Survivors include three daughters, Barbara Keefauver, Lakewood, Wash., Patty Pappenfort, Asburn, Va., and Carolyn Fenoglio, Tonganoxie; six grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
More like this story
- Kansas City Chiefs exec to give leadership lecture at KU
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Accept the Chiefs' Challenge in Tonganoxie
- Wichita State gets $5 million, mostly for honors college