Former library director charged
The former director of the Tonganoxie Public Library faces criminal charges in Leavenworth County District Court.
Beckie Borella, 44, is charged with one count of felony misuse of public funds. A preliminary hearing for Borella is set for 11 a.m. June 18.
In April, Tonganoxie police launched an investigation into alleged misuse of funds at the library.
As the police probe began, Borella resigned from the director's job, which she had held since October 1997.
Police have said less than $5,000 was involved in the case. The case centers on the misuse of a credit card.
Meanwhile, the search for a new library director soon will be under way, according to board member Jim Morey.
"We're starting right now," he said. "We just now have the job description written."
The library board is scheduled to meet today, he said.
"That will be OK'd at the board meeting, and we'll start advertising for it."
More like this story
- Quapaw tribe seeks dismissal of lawsuit over casino plans
- Analysis: Kansas abortion ruling could have sweeping effects
- Kansas constitution protects abortion rights, appeals court rules
- Kansas State of State address: Brownback appeals to GOP base
- After 149 years, Kansas lawmakers still grappling with 14th Amendment