Obituary: George W. Davis
Services for George W. Davis, 87, Tonganoxie, were Monday, June 2, 2003, at Highland Park Funeral Home, Kansas City, Kan. Entombment was in Highland Park Mausoleum.
Mr. Davis died May 23, 2003, at Providence Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan. He was born July 27, 1915, in the Rosedale area of Kansas City, Kan. He was a lifelong resident of the Kansas City, Kan., area and moved in 1978 to Tonganoxie.
He was a mail expediter for the post office and later worked for central solutions. He was a Mason.
Survivors include his wife of 65 years, Zenobia Davis, of the home; a brother, Edward Davis, Columbus, Ga.; two sisters, Maxine Brooks, Kansas City, Mo., and Mabel Fouse, California; and a granddaughter. His daughter, Beverly A. Smith, died in 2002.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie pays respects to longtime doctor at visitation
- McConnell helps airman cope with loss of infant son
- Visitation today, services tomorrow for Tonganoxie postmaster; online account set up for contributions
- Pink tractor creator, former VFW post commander dies
- Tonganoxie USD 464 cancels Monday classes due to funeral services