Obituary: George W. Davis
Services for George W. Davis, 87, Tonganoxie, were Monday, June 2, 2003, at Highland Park Funeral Home, Kansas City, Kan. Entombment was in Highland Park Mausoleum.
Mr. Davis died May 23, 2003, at Providence Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan. He was born July 27, 1915, in the Rosedale area of Kansas City, Kan. He was a lifelong resident of the Kansas City, Kan., area and moved in 1978 to Tonganoxie.
He was a mail expediter for the post office and later worked for central solutions. He was a Mason.
Survivors include his wife of 65 years, Zenobia Davis, of the home; a brother, Edward Davis, Columbus, Ga.; two sisters, Maxine Brooks, Kansas City, Mo., and Mabel Fouse, California; and a granddaughter. His daughter, Beverly A. Smith, died in 2002.
More like this story
- Some kidney transplant services to be offered in Wichita
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Dole Institute to exhibit Bob Dole's WWII-era letters
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Kansas Attorney General criticizes federal home health laws