Obiutary: John Vincent Wake
Services for John Vincent Wake, 32, Olathe, were Friday, May 30, 2003, at High Prairie Church in Leavenworth. Burial will be in Mount Muncie Cemetery in Lansing.
Mr. Wake died May 26, 2003, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. He was born Sept. 29, 1970, in Leavenworth, the son of Walter Lee and Virginia (Stroud) Wake.
He graduated from Tonganoxie High School in 1989 and from Kansas University in 1995. He lived in Lawrence until he moved to Olathe in January 2003.
Mr. Wake was a copywriter in advertising and marketing communications at John Deere Agricultural Marketing Center in Lenexa. He had been a staff writer for the Lawrence Journal-World and Sun Publications in Overland Park. He also had been a writer and student programs manager at Golf Course Superintendents Association of America in Lawrence. He was a member of Livewires 4-H Club for 12 years and High Prairie Church.
Survivors include his parents, Leavenworth; a brother, Kevin, Kansas City, Mo.; and a friend, Denise Kahler, Lawrence.
The family suggests memorials to Sickle Cell Disease Association of America, Kansas City Chapter, 1734 E. 63rd St., Kansas City, Mo., 64110; or the church, 26480 187th St., Leavenworth, 66048.
Davis Funeral Chapel in Leavenworth handled arrangements.
More like this story
- Kansas State sticks with scrapping equestrian program
- Kansas officials won't be charged in case of man wrongfully imprisoned for murder
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Trump wins endorsement of Kansas Secretary of State Kobach
- Tonganoxie High standout Cook to run cross country, track at Baker University