Annual St. Patrick’s Day events nearing for Tonganoxie ‘Irish’
It's time to pull out the green to wear at the annual St. Patrick's Day celebration.
The event, sponsored by the Tonganoxie Chamber of Commerce, features a parade at 10 a.m. March 15.
Debbie Breuer, who is organizing the parade, said everyone is welcome to participate.
Entrants may call Breuer ahead of time at (913) 724-9901, or may meet on Main Street near the swimming pool before the parade starts. There is no entry fee for participating in the parade. Others organizing the parade are Jim McCaffrey, Ray Lobb and Kay Soetaert.
"We've got quite a bit of participation lined up," Breuer said, adding that she thought Tonganoxie school band director Charles VanMiddlesworth might be leading a group of bagpipers. Also participating are Girl Scout troops, Sonic restaurant and Farm Bureau Insurance, Breuer said.
The day includes the annual Chapter AT of P.E.O. corned beef and cabbage dinner, which will be held after the parade in the basement of the Tonganoxie United Methodist Church, Fourth and Green streets.
The more who participate in the parade, the better it will be, Breuer said.
"Anyone who wants to come and be green and be Irish that day, it's great," Breuer said.
More like this story
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Police: Woman arrested in battery of police horse in Wichita
- Tonganoxie man to appear in court Monday following alleged stabbing
- Father-son altercation leads to 5-hour Tonganoxie standoff
- Shooting at Overland Park duplex kills woman, wounds girl