Badd Jack’s donating breakfast proceeds to VFW
A downtown restaurateur wants to lend a helping hand to Tonganoxie veterans.
So Jack Cronemeyer of Badd Jack's Southwest decided to donate 50 percent of his breakfast proceeds on Saturday.
"I was going to do it on Veterans Day, and I thought that was a long time off," he said. "I thought, well, I'll just do it now."
He originally had thought he would serve breakfast free to all veterans on Veterans Day, which is Nov. 11, at the restaurant, 416 E. Fourth.
Half of all money spent on breakfast from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday will be donated for use in VFW Park.
"I thought it would be better to donate the money, rather than just doing breakfast for free," Cronemeyer said "They're doing a lot of stuff down there, and they're putting a lot of stuff in, and I thought it would be helpful to them."
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Kansas House approves new tax plan after governor’s plea
- Kansas City Connection: 36 Months in Kansas City
- Antler broker flourishes in his Delphos business
- Man convicted in Jewish site killings is sentenced to death