Obituary: Mildred “Millie” Rose Frick
Services for Mildred "Millie" Rose Frick, 74, Tonganoxie, were Saturday, March 1, 2003, at Quisenberry Funeral Home in Tonganoxie. Burial was in Maple Grove Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mrs. Frick died Feb. 25, 2003, at St. John Hospital in Leavenworth. She was born June 5, 1928, in Pittsburg, the daughter of Harry W. and Drucilla J. (Hallam) Smith.
She retired from Sealright Container Company in Kansas City, Kan., where she worked for 36 years. She was a member of United Paper Workers International 510 and an associate member of Southwestern Bell Pioneers.
She married Francis LeRoy Frick on April 29, 1946, in Pittsburg. He died Feb. 5, 1991.
Survivors include four sons, James W. Frick, McLouth, Charles David Frick and Thomas G. Frick, both of Tonganoxie, and Anthony E. Frick, Roland, Okla.; one daughter, Francene L. Criswell, Lawrence; six brothers, Charles F. Smith, Frontenac, Harry W. Smith, Santa Fe Springs, Calif., Marvin Ray Smith, North Wilkesboro, N.C., Victor Jay Smith, Cache, Okla., Ira Paul Smith, LaHabra, Calif., and John Eugene Smith, Norwalk, Calif.; three sisters, Dorothy Lorene Grube, Springdale, Ark., Mary Elizabeth Duncan, Kansas City, Mo., and Bonnie Lee Szarmach, Long Beach, Calif.; 18 grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the American Cancer Society, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Kansas official defends Department for Children and Families
- Officials investigating, increasing security measures after threatenting message found in Tonganoxie High School bathroom
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Lawmakers to again consider policy on police body cameras
- Kansas man driving combine leads law enforcement on chase