Obituary: Gilbert B. Jones
Services for Gilbert B. Jones, 90, Osage City, were Monday, May 12, 2003, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie. Burial followed in Mount Calvary Cemetery in Osage City.
Mr. Jones died last Wednesday, May 7, 2003, at Minneola Nursing Home in Minneola.
Mr. Jones was born Oct. 13, 1912, in Washington County, the son of Floyd C. and Ethel (Wood) Jones. He was a retired rural mail carrier in Burlingame. He was also a World War II U.S. Navy veteran and member of the American Legion in Osage City.
Survivors include one son, Mike Jones, Dodge City; one brother, Paul Jones, Bridgewater, Va.; two sisters, Mildred Enochs, Osage City, and Gertrude Bostrom, Melvern; and one grandson.
Regina (Mishmash) Jones, to whom he was married for 40 years; Ethal (Vestal) Yates Jones, to whom he was married for 15 years; and a son, Don Jones, preceded him in death.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Osage City Senior Center, Osage City.
More like this story
- Jewel on Main to have diva show Saturday
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department calls for Feb. 15-21, 2015
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society soup and chili feed today at Methodist church