Obituary: Lois Marie Melia
Services for Lois Marie Melia, 78, Columbia, Mo., were Friday, May 9, 2003, at Quisenberry Funeral Home in Tonganoxie. Burial was in National Cemetery, Leavenworth.
Mrs. Melia, a former Tonganoxie resident, died Tuesday, May 6, 2003.
Mrs. Melia was born July 14, 1924, in Fort Collins, Colo. She was a homemaker. She was a member of First Congregational Church and its Plymouth Guild, the Kuntry Klub E.H.U. and the Historical Society, all of Tonganoxie. On Oct. 5, 1947, she married Harold R. Melia. He died on April 1, 1998.
Survivors include two sons, Patrick K. Melia, Ypsilanti, Minn., and Kevin H. Melia, Prairie Village; two daughters, Margaret E. Melia and Susan Melia-Hancock, both of Columbia, Mo.; and three grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the church.
More like this story
- Adventure seekers rappel 13-story Topeka building
- Battle lines being drawn over Kansas school district 'realignment' bill
- New children's book about Jayhawks to be featured next week at Tonganoxie Public Library
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- New proposal would cut Kansas school districts by half