THS forensics team deserves state award
Even in a crowded classroom lovingly referred to as "the cave," Tonganoxie High School forensics students excel.
Tonganoxie's forensics team this year has captured the coveted Sweepstakes award for the first time since coach Steve Harrell joined the THS faculty.
Harrell's debate squads, which, by the way, also work out of the cave, routinely take top honors at state and advance to national tournaments.
But this is the first year the forensics team has captured Sweepstakes. And, it's a sweet victory.
It also is a victory that's so well-deserved. These students work hard throughout the school year. They constantly hone their speaking skills and their performance skills.
And Harrell and his two assistant coaches are right there with the students.
It's interesting that several of the students had their eye this year on the Sweepstakes trophy. And they attained their goal.
Tonganoxie High School has many strong academic programs, and it's heartening to see the forensics team earn top ratings in the state.
Congratulations to each of the students, to their coaches and to their parents. What a job well-done.
More like this story
- KU's lavish shrine to Naismith's 'Rules of Basket Ball' takes shape
- Public (House) display of affection in Tonganoxie
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Ace has a new place for hardware in Tonganoxie
- Kansas City Connection: The art of ‘Rising Up,’ and visiting some old haunts