Obituary: Pauline E. Fry
Services for Pauline Effie Fry, 89, Tonganoxie, were Saturday, May 17, 2003, at West Haven Baptist Church in Tonganoxie. Burial was in Bonner Springs Cemetery.
Mrs. Fry died May 13, 2003, at Shawnee Mission Medical Center in Merriam. She was born July 3, 1913, in rural Wyandotte County. She lived in the area her entire life.
Mrs. Fry was a cook at several area restaurants. She was a member of West Haven Baptist Church. For the last two years she had lived in Tonganoxie Nursing Center.
She married John Edwin Berg. They were married 16 years before he died in 1949.
Survivors include two daughters, Jacki Cahill, Leavenworth, and Janice Mathia, Lansing; a brother, LeRoy Scott, Piper; two sisters, Elizabeth Knox, Dearborn, Mo., and Loretta Groseclose, Kansas City, Kan.; nine grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; and 15 great-great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a granddaughter, Robin Winter, in 1985 and by two great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to the church building fund, sent in care of Alden-Harrington Funeral Home, 214 Oak St., Bonner Springs, 66012.
More like this story
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers