Bulldogs will send 10 athletes to state
McLouth will have competitors in three girls events and one boys race when the State Track and Field Championships begin Friday.
Courtney Edmonds will seek her third straight 800 title in Wichita. The senior took first with a time of 2:23.9 at regionals last Friday in McLouth.
The 4x800 relay also advanced to state with a third-place finish. Erin Watson, Hallie Watson, Neva Gardner and Katie Booth combined for a 10:44.4 time. In the 4x400, the Bulldogs took third with a 4:17.1 time. Team members are Erica Meyer, Christy Gunther, Alayna Stewart and Edmonds.
For the boys team, only Matt Scarlett will be competing for McLouth. Scarlett took second in the 3,200 with a time of 10:33.7.
More like this story
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas House passes bill to authorize $1.5B in pension bonds
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan