Goebel plans to visit with wrestlers
Tonganoxie wrestling coach Jeremy Goebel will be back in Tonganoxie next week, but it won't be an extended stay.
THS athletics director Brandon Parker said Tuesday that Goebel, who is on active duty in North Carolina with the Army Reserves, will meet wrestlers and parents next week.
Wrestlers will meet Goebel immediately after school Monday in the THS gymnasium. Then at 7 p.m., the coach will meet with parents in the gymnasium.
"He should be back in early January, hopefully," Parker said.
In Goebel's absence, THS teacher Pat Wakeman will supervise the team. Wakeman has been a wrestling coach at the school in the past. Assistant coach Scott Underwood also will coach again.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday