Investigators to conduct interviews about blaze
A probe into whether a fire that destroyed a Tonganoxie home in late September was intentionally set will take investigators nearly 100 miles west this week, to Manhattan.
"There are people out there we need to talk to," said Tonganoxie police Lt. John Putthoff. "It's still ongoing. Hopefully, after we discuss it with these people, we'll send it to the county attorney and let him decide."
Putthoff, who said he was hopeful he could travel today to Manhattan, is investigating the fire, which destroyed the house at the northeast corner of Third and Shawnee on Sept. 30.
The fire broke out about 3 a.m.
No one was home at the time of the fire.
More like this story
- Kansas cropland values down this year amid low grain prices
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Process continues for proposed luxury RV resort near Tonganoxie
- Kansas Supreme Court strikes down 2014 law on property taxes
- Lower oil, gas prices hit some Kansas county budgets hard