McLouth’s volleyball stops at substate
McLouth was host to a Class 2A substate volleyball tournament Saturday, but the Bulldogs couldn't take advantage of the home court.
Seeded seventh, the Bulldogs battled No. 2 Horton (23-7). The Chargers won in two, 25-16, 25-12, eliminating MHS. The Bulldogs completed their first season under Rachel Webb at 10-18.
Jackson Heights then knocked Horton out of the tournament with a two-game sweep, 25-15, 25-14. Immaculata defeated Jackson Heights in the finals, winning 25-22, 25-23, for its second consecutive state berth. The Raiders, who are a Kaw Valley League member, advanced in 3A last season. Immaculata finished the regular season at 30-7. The Raiders are the No. 5 seed and will play No. 4 Sublette (31-6) at 4:30 p.m. Friday in pool play action at Busch-Gross Coliseum in Hays. The Raiders then will play No. 1 St. Marys (33-1) at 5:30 p.m. and No. 8 Hoxie (20-11) at 8:30 p.m.
No Delaware Valley League teams advanced to state this season.
More like this story
- ‘Marijuana refugees’: Kansas family hopes to move to Colorado to save daughter
- Kansas weighing rules for handling eyewitnesses to crimes
- Tonganoxie EAST group celebrates year with storyteller
- Kansas minority groups push for same-day voter registration
- Kansas panel considers whether gays should be foster parents