Obituary: Florence A. Ford
Graveside services for former McLouth resident Florence A. Ford, 89, Tonganoxie, were Saturday, Nov. 8, 2003, at Hubbel Hill Cemetery. Mrs. Ford died Wednesday, Nov. 5, 2003, at her home.
Mrs. Ford was born Jan. 15, 1914, at Uniontown, the daughter of Herbert and Minnie (Applegate) Brainerd. She worked as a chocolate dipper at Russell Stover Candy Co., Kansas City, Mo.
On Sept. 6, 1930, she married Myron Ford in Lamar, Mo. He died Sept. 13, 2003. A daughter, Corinne Holmes, died in 1980.
Survivors include two daughters, Carol Rasdall, Kansas City, Kan., and Cathy Bowen, Tonganoxie; nine grandchildren; and 16 great grandchildren.
Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie, handled arrangements.
More like this story
- More than 300 teaching vacancies in Kansas
- Kansas lifts teacher licensure requirement in 6 districts
- Education officials say schools need reshaped for the future
- Tonganoxie USD 464 officials urging parents to apply online to assist in potential state aid
- Kansas headed toward another school finance debate next year