Obituary: Florence A. Ford
Graveside services for former McLouth resident Florence A. Ford, 89, Tonganoxie, were Saturday, Nov. 8, 2003, at Hubbel Hill Cemetery. Mrs. Ford died Wednesday, Nov. 5, 2003, at her home.
Mrs. Ford was born Jan. 15, 1914, at Uniontown, the daughter of Herbert and Minnie (Applegate) Brainerd. She worked as a chocolate dipper at Russell Stover Candy Co., Kansas City, Mo.
On Sept. 6, 1930, she married Myron Ford in Lamar, Mo. He died Sept. 13, 2003. A daughter, Corinne Holmes, died in 1980.
Survivors include two daughters, Carol Rasdall, Kansas City, Kan., and Cathy Bowen, Tonganoxie; nine grandchildren; and 16 great grandchildren.
Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie, handled arrangements.
More like this story
- Kansas lifts teacher licensure requirement in 6 districts
- Tonganoxie USD 464 officials urging parents to apply online to assist in potential state aid
- KNEA to appeal dismissal of teacher tenure lawsuit
- More Kansas teachers leaving state, retiring
- Kansas school district officials announce layoffs, pay cuts