Former library director’s court hearing delayed
The former director at the Tonganoxie Public Library must wait another month for her restitution hearing.
Last month, Beckie Borella, 45, Tonganoxie, pled no contest to the misuse of public funds in Leavenworth County District Court.
On Oct. 24, the court ordered an independent accountant to analyze the alleged misused funds and scheduled a hearing for last Friday to review the findings. But according to Deborah Owens of the Leavenworth County attorney's office, the accountant, Steve Wagner, hadn't completed his work.
The judge has set a new restitution hearing for 9 a.m. Dec. 19.
The Tonganoxie library board alleges that Borella converted about $17,000 in library funds for personal use, while Borella says the amount was $726.
More like this story
- THS football standout Trimble signs with Fort Scott Community College
- Tonganoxie football blanks Bishop Ward, 42-0
- Bittersweet victory for Tonganoxie High football
- Coffeyville weathers Amazon job losses better than expected
- Tonganoxie High athlete signs to compete in track at Tabor for former THS coach