Letter: More than trees and concrete
To the editor:
Hi, Jean! I cannot hear her echo, "Hi, Jean." I can see that smile, though. John Lenahan's late wife's voice has been silenced. Her soul cannot be taken away, however, by a shameless bully who has made a weak attempt to persecute her by referring to her as John Lenahan's late wife, using references to "kicking and screaming" and "stubborn and vocal."
This has crossed the line of being a legal issue about the cost of concrete and trees on Fourth Street. It appears this is an attack by a shameless bully on the soul of a defenseless person, that being John Lenahan's late wife. Bullying by name-calling hurts. Unfortunately, it is a right. The laws and procedures of this country are not a right, but a must for all people regardless of their power. John Lenahan's late wife happened to be a crusader for following the rules.
John Lenahan's late wife had a name, Jean Lenahan. She was my friend. I miss her.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Kansas City Connection: The Sundry shows off its suppliers
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event