McLouth crowns royalty
Tonganoxie wasn't the only local school celebrating homecoming last week.
McLouth High also had a week of festivities building up to Friday's football game against arch-rival Oskaloosa and the crowning of royalty.
King candidates were Casey Hochard, Chris Mills and Tyler Smith, and queen hopefuls were Nikki Vellinder, Cathryn Keyes and Emma Prochaska. Smith and Vellinder were crowned Friday. During the week, students dressed up with various themes in mind and participated in a scavenger hunt, a girls powder puff football game and a bonfire. The football team, however, couldn't finish the spirit week off on a high note -- Oskaloosa blanked the Bulldogs, 20-0.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council primary election voter's guide
- Lawrence Memorial Hospital accepting grant applications for local wellness projects
- Leighty grant funding awards largest single-year amount
- Tonganoxie youth taking on diabetes with help from friends
- Tonganoxie police calls, March 25-April 9, 2015