School district reiterates information about salaries
A new state law, Senate Bill 82, requires school districts to provide local newspapers with a list of the amount of administrative salaries paid in the district.
Richard Erickson, superintendent for USD 464, said this has always been public information. The information is a matter of public record and is available at any time during the year from the school district offices, as are the salaries of all district employees.
"If that's what our legislators want, that's fine," Erickson said. "We'll do what we're required to do by law."
The local school administrative salaries for this school year, as provided by the district, are:
- Richard Erickson, superintendent, $91,023.
¢ Mike Bogart, THS principal, $78,584.
¢ Steve Woolf, TJHS principal, $72,829.
¢ Jerry Daskoski, TES principal, $68,729.
For Tonganoxie school district, the average teachers' salary is $43,291. The starting salary for teachers this year is $27,250.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Longtime Tonganoxie council members to square off in mayoral race
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Kansas court considers handling of school funding lawsuit
- Newell Rubbermaid to expand Winfield, add 320 jobs