Kolman makes top 10 in Shawnee
Andy Kolman again cracked the top 10 in a cross country meet Thursday at the Mill Valley Invitational.
This time, however, Kolman accomplished the feat against a field in which Class 6A and 5A schools dominated.
And, the top two teams at the invitational won state titles last season. Class 6A's Shawnee Mission Northwest finished first with 34 points and 3A's Kansas City Christian took second with 81.
With 78 runners compiling 10 teams, Kolman finished ninth with a time of 17 minutes, 35 seconds. Corey Brest was not far behind with a 17:58 time and 13th-place finish. Matt Chenoweth also medaled with an 18th-place finish. Chenoweth finished with an 18:12 time. Others competing were Ben Brest, John Davis, Colt Coffin and Justin Smith.
Tonganoxie finished fifth with 112 points.
In the girls meet, Kelley Stauch led THS with a 13:54 time and 22nd-place finish. Megan Holton was close behind in 23rd with a 13:56 time. THS had two other runners medal -- Jennifer Wagner in 29th (14:12) and Elizabeth Smith in 30th (14:15). Kezia Huseman, Amanda Chenoweth and Rachel Smith also competed in the meet.
Next up for the Tonganoxie teams will be the Kaw Valley League meet Thursday at Santa Fe Trail. The meet will begin at 4:30 p.m.
1. Shawnee Mission Northwest, 34; 2. KC Christian, 81; 3. Blue Valley, 93; 4. Mill Valley, 100; 5. Tonganoxie, 112; 6. Olathe North, 122; 7. Blue Valley West, 131; 8. Maranatha Academy, 154; 9. Bonner Springs, 229.
1. Blue Valley West, 48; 2. Maranatha Academy, 75; 3. Olathe North, 77; 4. Shawnee Mission Northwest, 96; 5. Blue Valley, 128; 6. Tonganoxie, 145; 7. KC Christian, 179; 8. Bonner Springs, 244.
9. Andy Kolman, 17:35; 13. Corey Brest, 17:58; 18. Matt Chenoweth, 18:12; 33. Ben Brest, 18:55; 39. John Davis, 19:09; 52. Colt Coffin, 20:05; 56. Justin Smith, 20:56.
22. Kelley Stauch, 13:54; 23. Megan Holton, 13:56; 29. Jennifer Wagner, 14:12; 30. Elizabeth Smith, 14:15; 31. Kezia Huseman, 14:22; 52. Amanda Chenoweth, 16:35; 54. Rachel Smith, 16:46.
More like this story
- Board approves sale of former Tonganoxie Elementary School
- 'Summer getaway' for rural Tonganoxie resident on research trip to Antarctica
- Kansas regents approve new gun policy to comply with state law; university policies to come next
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Farmers eager for drones, but most can't legally fly them