Obituary: Kevin Criswell Swope
Services for Kevin Criswell Swope, 22, Basehor, were Tuesday, Oct. 14, 2003, at Alden-Harrington Funeral Home in Bonner Springs. Burial was in Glenwood Cemetery, Basehor.
Mr. Swope died Thursday, Oct. 9, 2003, at the University of Kansas Hospital, Kansas City, Kan., following an automobile accident. He was born Aug. 7, 1981, in Kansas City, Kan.
He grew up and lived in the Basehor area his entire life. He graduated in 2000 from Basehor High School. Most recently, he had worked at Bonner Springs Ford in the parts department.
He and Katrina Hardwick had just celebrated the birth of their son, Kameron, on May 3, 2003.
Survivors include his mother and stepfather, Carla and Jim Kaiser, Basehor; his father, Cliff Swope, Bonner Springs; a sister, Jodi Swope, Basehor; a stepsister, Nikki Green, Basehor; a stepbrother, David Kaiser, Cordova, Tenn.; his maternal grandparents, Gale and Becky Knoche, Basehor; his paternal grandparents, Leory and Emilee Swope, Olathe, and Erma and Ron Wheeler, Basehor; his maternal great-grandmother, Irene Prater, Basehor.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Kevin Swope memorial fund, established for his son, Kameron, in care of First State Bank and Trust, 1106 N. 155th St., Basehor, 66007.
A news story about the accident appears on page 1A of today's edition of The Mirror.
More like this story
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Kansas Senate panel considering bill to ban abortion method