Chieftains a No. 3 seed, McLouth a No. 7 at substate volleyball
No. 3 Tonganoxie (26-7) will play Piper (12-17) Saturday in the first round of a 4A substate tournament in Lansing.
The winner of that game plays the winner of the Eudora-De Soto game. Seeded No. 2, Eudora is 27-4 and No. 7 De Soto is 11-19.
On the other side of the bracket, defending state champion Lansing is the top seed with a 30-2 record. The Lions will play No. 8 Basehor-Linwood (10-20). Bishop Ward, the No. 4 seed at 24-11, will play No. 5 Sumner (16-15).
At 10-17, McLouth drew a No. 7 seed for a 2A substate it will host Saturday. The Bulldogs will play No. 2 Horton (23-7).
Top-seeded Immaculata (27-7) will play Troy (8-17), while No. 4 Jefferson County North (18-11) takes on No. 5 Valley Falls (13-14).
If McLouth upsets Horton, the Bulldogs will play the winner of the Jackson Heights-Wathena match. The No. 2 Cobras are 22-7; No. 7 Wathena is 11-13)
Both Tonganoxie and McLouth's tournaments begin at 2 p.m., but both teams likely won't start their first matches until roughly 3 p.m.
More like this story
- Ex-Kansas State researcher fails to get whistleblower status
- College course on voter registration proposed in Kansas
- Kansas State awards $500K in grants for global food research
- The beetle hunter: KU entomologist on quest to identify insects of Peru
- Wichita State seeking innovation design degree program