Services for former Tonganoxie resident Martin R. Emery, 52, Valley Falls, will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 4, 2003, at the United Methodist Church in Tonganoxie. Burial will be in Hubbel Hill Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mr. Emery died Monday, Sept. 1, 2003, at his home. He was born Dec. 23, 1950, in Parsons, the son of William and Lois (Trout) Emery.
He was a 1968 graduate of Tonganoxie High School and a member of Calvary Temple Assembly of God Church, Lawrence. He was a cattleman and livestock hauler and a U.S. Army veteran.
On Feb. 11, 1995, he married Ella Mae Wright in Lawrence. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include a stepdaughter, Michelle Shoemaker, Lecompton; his mother, Lois Emery, Tonganoxie; two brothers, Mike Emery and Richard Emery, both of Tonganoxie; a sister, Kay Soetaert, Tonganoxie; and two grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to In Touch Ministries, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Sirens failed to sound in Nickerson as tornado hit area
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom
- KSU students to go on the road to care for shelter animals
- Middle America braces for strong storms, possible tornadoes
- Scientists fly Kansas sky to study ferocious storms