Obituary: Carl D. “Pete” Denham
Services for Carl D. "Pete" Denham, 60, Linwood, were Tuesday, Sept. 2, 2003, at West Haven Baptist Church in Tonganoxie. Burial was in Maple Grove Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mr. Denham died Thursday, Aug. 28, 2003, at his home. Mr. Denham was born Nov. 27, 1942, in Lafayette, Ind., the son of Richard R. and Dorothy M. (Griswold) Denham.
He retired as a master sergeant in the U.S. Air Force and was a supervisor for Consolidated Container Co., Lenexa.
He married Kathleen Oswalt on April 22, 1962, in Lafayette, Ind. She survives of the home.
Other survivors include four sons, David D. Denham, McLouth, Steven D. Denham, Shawnee, Scott A. Denham and Jeffery B. Denham, both of Linwood; a daughter, Shannon K. Raines, Linwood; two brothers, Bill Denham, Battleground, Ind. and Jim Denham, Kansas City, Kan.; two sisters, Dorothy "Dot" Hickman, Delphi, Ind., and Carol Jo Clawson, Kansas City, Kan.; and 13 grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the American Cancer Society, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan
- Top Kansas GOP lawmakers to unveil school funding proposal
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place