Obituary: Nellie Lucille Petitt
Services for Nellie Lucille Petitt, 83, Oskaloosa, will be at 1:30 p.m. today, Sept. 3, 2003, at Barnett Funeral Home, Oskaloosa. Burial will be in Glenwood Cemetery, Basehor.
Mrs. Petitt died Saturday, Aug. 30, 2003, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital in Lawrence. She was born July 21, 1920, in rural Oskaloosa, the daughter of George Whirlow and Ethel Roosevelt Edwards Pottorf. She attended Oskaloosa public schools.
Mrs. Petitt worked as a cook and cafeteria worker at Basehor Grade School for many years. She later served as a school bus driver for the Basehor District until her retirement.
She was a member of Basehor United Methodist Church and was a 50-year member of the Order of Eastern Star, Chapter No. 62 of Oskaloosa.
She moved to Oskaloosa in 1991 from Basehor, following the death of her husband, Edward Earl Petitt Sr. Mr. Petitt died Oct. 14, 1990.
Survivors include a son, Edward E. Petitt Jr., Windsor, Mo.; a daughter, Kay Kronable, Apopha, Fla.; two brothers, Roland G. Pottorf, Topeka, and Merle "Mike" Pottorf, Bonita Springs, Fla.; four grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren
The family suggests memorial contributions to Jefferson County Home Health Department in Oskaloosa.
More like this story
- Kansas House approves new tax plan after governor’s plea
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas Legislature narrowly passes unbalanced budget, ending 2016 session
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place